Send and receive money the easy way!
Offered as a FREE service via Interra Bill Pay, you have the ability to send and receive money electronically with Popmoney. All you need is the individual's e-mail address or cell phone number. The Popmoney payment process is fast, convenient and secure – eliminating checks, trips to deposit or withdraw money and fees. To learn more or use Popmoney, look for the Pay People tab in Interra Bill Pay.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Login to Interra Bill Pay (Available via online banking)
2. Click the Pay People tab within bill pay.
3. Enter the person’s e-mail address or mobile phone number and the dollar amount you wish to send to the recipient.
It’s that simple!
How does Popmoney work?
If the receiver is a registered Popmoney user:
- The sender logs into bill pay and looks the receiver up by e-mail address or cell phone number.
- The sender then inputs a dollar amount and a personalized message and completes the transaction.
- The money is deposited into the receiver’s financial institution via ACH and an e-mail or text message notification is sent to the receiver.
If the receiver is NOT a registered Popmoney user:
- An invitation to collect the money is sent to the receiver.
- The receiver is directed to the public Popmoney site.
- If the receiver banks at a financial institution that offers Popmoney, he/she is redirected to the financial institution’s site to collect the money.
- If the receiver banks at a financial institution that does not offer Popmoney, he/she can register and collect the money at the public Popmoney site.
How long does it take for the receiver to have access to the money?
- Most transactions are completed within one business day.
- Some transaction limitations do apply. As a result, additional time may be required to process certain personal payments.
To learn more about Popmoney, visit popmoney.com