Interra Credit Union April 2019 Newsletter
Keep Debit Card Safety in Mind
When you're shopping with your lnterra Credit Union debit card on vacation, at the grocery store, online or using an ATM, it's important to keep your personal information and identity as secure as possible. You can take steps to help protect your accounts, personal information and your money.
#1 - Do not allow other people to use your card.
"This causes more issues for our members than any of the others," reports Tim Vosberg, e-services manager at lnterra. "You run the risk of exposing your account to unnecessary losses."
Other tips and reminders:
• Keep your PlN a secret Memorize it and never write it on your card or store it with your card. Do not let anyone else enter your PIN for you. Don't give your PIN over the telephone.
• Change PINs frequently. Security experts recommend different PINs for each card and to change your PIN often.
• Watch your e-mail. Unfortunately, e-mail is probably the most common method of identity theft and electronic fraud. Don't provide your PlN or other personal information in response to an unsolicited e-mail or online request
• Be smart online. Be aware when you shop online. Look for secure transaction symbols, such as the little "lock" logo in the corner of your browser window and web addresses that start with "https." Log off after your purchase, or if you can't log off, close the browser.
• Report a lost or stolen card immediately. This reduces the chances of unauthorized purchases.
• Watch your money. The best way to know what's going on with your accounts is to use lnterra Online Banking for up-to-date transaction information. Also, review account statements when you get them and report irregularities or unauthorized transactions immediately.
All branches close at Noon on Friday, April 19.
Flex Checking High Rate AND ATM fee refunds!
lnterra Credit Union's premier checking product, Flex Checking, is the most popular account with members.
Get the best out of Flex Checking!
• Earn up to 5.00% annual percentage yield.1
• Get ATM refunds, up to $25 per qualification cycle.2
It's easy to qualify each cycle:
• Post and clear the required debit card transaction purchases each qualification cycle.
• Have at least one direct deposit or an ACH auto debit post and clear your account.
• Enroll and receive e-Statements. (A valid e-mail address to which we can deliver is required.)3
• No monthly service charges when qualifications are met.
1'Annual percentage yield. APYs effective July 1, 2018, and subject to change without notice. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. $25.00 minimum opening balance Rate tiers: Bonus Rate 1: 5.00% APY on balances of $0.01-$10,000.00 and 50+ debit card purchases per cycle; Bonus Rate 2: 2.00% APY on balances of $0.01-$10,000.00 and 20-49 debit card purchases per cycle; Second Tiered Rate: 0.30% APY on balances over $10,000.00 and at least 20 debit card purchases per cycle; Base Rate: 0.01% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met. The monthly statement will reflect a blended APY if you have balances in different tiers. Dividends are variable based on tier and dependent on all qualifications being met. 2ATM fee reimbursements up to $25.00 are made only if qualifications are met within the qualification cycle. If this is your first month as a Flex Checking member you will receive Flex Checking rate(s) on your balance from the date of enrollment and ATM fee refunds up to $25.00 for ATM transactions that occurred on or after your enrollment date regardless of whether you met all of the qualifications. 3There is a $2.00 paper statement fee. Rates may change after account opening. Fees may reduce earnings. Qualifying transactions must post and clear the account during the month's qualification cycle. Purchases/Transactions may take one or more business days from the transaction date to post to an account from the date the purchase/transaction is made Intra-credit union transfers do not count as qualifying transactions.
Make Your Move with Interra Credit Union
Is it time to build, buy or refinance? Talk to the mortgage professionals at lnterra Credit Union first, your trusted financial resource. You'll find a variety of mortgage programs to meet your needs, and we'll help you navigate through all the details.
And, importantly, it's all local.
• Get approved1 at lnterra!
• Close with lnterra!
• Pay at lnterra!
The application process is easy and available the way you want it, online or in person. In addition to the online application at interracu.com, you can find other information and tools:
• Current rates
• Rate watch sign-up
• Rate quotes
• Financial calculators
• Useful resources
• And more!
1Subject to underwriting approval requirements
New Credit Card Convenience in Online Banking
Your lnterra MasterCard® credit card account is now more conveniently accessible than ever through lnterra Online Banking.
Instead of going through the SERVICES tab, you can access the following functions:
• Make a credit card payment through the TRANSFERS AND PAYMENTS option under the TRANSACTIONS tab.
• Just click on CREDIT CARD on the dashboard for:
• Recent transactions, including purchases and payments are listed
• Additional general details about your credit card are now displayed
If you prefer, you can still go to VIEW YOUR CREDIT CARD under the SERVICES tab to perform the above functions. In addition, you will still use this option to access your credit card statements.
For more information, call lnterra or visit any office.
Results of the 2019 lnterra Credit Union election were announced at the Annual Meeting, which was held March 25. Bruce Stahly, Goshen, and Carl Stoltzfus, Goshen, were reelected to three-year terms on the Board of Directors. Gina Leichty, Goshen, an associate director, was newly elected to a three-year term on the Board of Directors. Kathy Brewton, who served on the board for 20 years, has retired and did not seek reelection. lnterra members reelected Michelle Adams, Syracuse, to a three-year term on the Supervisory Committee.
Expedited Program for Business & Agribusiness Loans
lnterra Credit Union's INtime lending program offers loans up LENDING to $100,000 for new and existing business and agribusiness borrowers, with the possibility of a 48-hour decision turnaround time.1 "INtime lending is available for term loans, a working-capital line of credit and business credit cards," reports Mike Blosser, Senior Vice President of Business Services. "To make it even easier, borrowers may apply online at interracu.com, call lnterra or visit any branch," he said. "And, if you need pre-approval, just contact us to see what we can do for you."
148-hour decision based on average application review time for qualified applicants with proper documentation needed for review Please see the FAQ section at interracu.com or contact the credit union for details.
Going Away? Please Let Us Know
To prevent fraud, systems are in place to identify purchases or charges that you make outside your normal activity, both in terms of geography and type of transaction. In an attempt to avoid unanticipated disruptions in debit or credit card access, lnterra Credit Union has a Travel Status Form to retain information about members' travel plans.
You can provide the information in one of two ways:
• Call lnterra at 574.534.2506 or 888.432.2848 and a representative will assist you.
• Stop by any lnterra office to complete the form.
If your card is lost or stolen, please contact us immediately.
• Call lnterra
• Call a card contact center
• Debit card center: 888.908.7797
• Credit card center: 800.449.7728
Safe travels ... and have fun!
Invested in Agribusiness
lnterra works closely with farmers and agribusinesses throughout our region. In fact, we're the third largest credit union agricultural lender in the country. lnterra's been in the business for nearly 90 years and growing every day to meet our members' needs.