Interra Credit Union November 2019 Newsletter
Interra to Host Blood Drive
As part of our Hometown Giving holiday service project, Interra Credit Union will host a blood drive in collaboration with the South Bend Medical Foundation.
Pre-registration to donate blood is encouraged, reports Sandy Boldt, Interra’s blood drive coordinator. All successful donors will receive a voucher for a FREE turkey. In addition, South Bend Medical Foundation will donate $10 for successful blood donation to Blue Star Mothers, an organization that supports active duty men and women, veterans and their families.
Tuesday, December 3
10:00am - 6:00pm
Interra Credit Union
Main Office Goshen, IN
Sign up online at:
www.givebloodnow.com and input the sponsor code of InterraGoshen.
Contact Sandy directly at: 574.534.2506, ext. 7345
If you have questions or need more information about donating blood, just contact the South Bend Medical Foundation at 574.234.1157 or email@example.com.
With Respect, Honor & Gratitude, We Pause to Thank All Veterans for their Service.
In Honor of Veterans Day all Interra offices will be closed Monday, November 11.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Interra! We extend a special greeting to thank you, our members, for your confidence and loyalty.
• Thursday, November 28, all offices closed.
• Friday and Saturday, November 29 & 30, all offices open regular business hours.
Interra Call for Nominations
One of the differences between banks and credit unions is democratic structure and control. Officials are elected by fellow members to oversee the governance of our financial cooperative. These individuals make a commitment to serve in a way that maximizes the shared interest of all members.
Service to fellow members on the Board of Directors and the Supervisory Committee provide unique opportunities to help chart the course of Interra, now and in the years to come. With that in mind, are you interested in serving your community and your fellow credit union members? Perhaps you have skill sets or are qualified in a particular area, such as finance or strategic planning. Or maybe you are passionate about Interra Credit Union and its future.
Continued from front
This Call for Nominations is a request for enthusiastic members interested in helping to build the credit union. Experience in financial services or as a board member is not required. In 2020, two (2) seats on the Board of Directors and one (1) on the Supervisory Committee, all 3-year terms, are up for election.
To be eligible, the individual must:
• be an Interra member in good standing, meeting qualification criteria;
• submit the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Application/Agreement; and
• meet the requirements of the Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee job description.
If you are interested in running for a position, please call Interra at 574.534.2506, ext. 7262, to obtain an application and related information. The deadline for delivery of all required information is at the end of the business day on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
In accordance with the Board of Directors Governance Manual and the Bylaws of Interra Credit Union, the Nominating Committee will review applications and establish a slate for the 2020 ballot, holding the right to approve any and all names that will be placed on the ballot.
The election will be conducted online from March 9-23. The Annual Meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 23, beginning at 5:30 pm, at the Interra main office in Goshen.
Additional information about the election and the Annual Meeting will be provided in future issues of INtouch and online at interracu.com.
Card Safety Tips For Holiday Shopping
“When you use a debit or credit card for your holiday shopping, or really any time you shop, it’s important to keep your card security in mind to protect you and your money,” advises Tim Vosberg, e-services manager at Interra Credit Union. Consider these general tips and precautions:
• Always keep your card in a safe and secure place. If it’s in your purse, do not leave it unattended in your cart, where it’s easily stolen.
• Change your PIN numbers, especially with your debit card, every 30-45 days. Change passwords frequently, too.
• Secure your card, any cash you receive and your receipt after each transaction or when using an ATM.
• Change As an added security measure, it’s best not to save your card information on merchant websites. It may be more convenient, but it could compromise your account information.
• Do not write your PIN number on your card or have it anywhere else in your wallet or purse.
• Shop with merchants you know and trust, especially when shopping online. Look for secure transaction symbols, such as the small “lock” logo in the lower right-hand corner of your browser window and web addresses that start with “https.” Make sure to log off after each transaction, and if you can’t log off, close the browser to protect your personal information.
• Keep a record of your account numbers in a safe place with customer service numbers to call if needed. If your card is lost or stolen, contact your financial institution or the toll-free service number immediately, day or night.
• Keep tabs on your accounts. The best way to monitor your accounts is by using online banking services and alerts, where you customarily have 24/7 access to all transaction activity.
“By using these proactive practices, you are helping to ensure a safe and fun holiday shopping season,” Vosberg noted.
Interra Credit Union’s signature holiday service project, Hometown Giving, includes more than 30 organizations from throughout Interra’s footprint, during this, the 26th year of giving back.
While the project’s official kick-off date is December 1, the Angel Trees will be at all credit union offices by November 20. Organizations have submitted wish lists for needed items and adopt-a-family lists are also included. You can pick up angel ornament tags from the trees and return new, unwrapped gifts to any Interra office by the specified due dates.
Look for more information about Hometown Giving 2019 in the December issue of INtouch.
Refer A Friend And Receive $25
Some things are meant to be shared.
Tell your family and friends about Interra Credit Union!
Will you spread the news about Interra Credit Union as the trusted financial resource you know and encourage family, friends and coworkers to make the switch?
Just go to interracu.com/refer for more information and to access the coupon, or visit any Interra office.
We’ll pay you $25.00 for the kind referral and your friend or family member can receive up to $40!
Choose Interra HSA Options
Are you an employer or self-employed? You are likely looking for ways to gain flexibility and control over rising health care costs. Combined with a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) provide a viable solution for many employers and consumers. If you are considering opening an HSA or as a business or organization, offering a program for your
employees, look to Interra.
• We’re already your trusted financial resource, here to serve you.
• Almost 4,500 employees and self-employed members have HSAs at the credit union.
• You or your employees will appreciate Interra’s 15 convenient offices and member-friendly hours.
• If you have an HSA through another provider, moving to Interra is easy!
To learn more about HSAs at the credit union, just go to interracu.com/HSA, call Interra or visit any office.