Building, buying, or refinancing?
It’s not just a house, it's your home. It’s about your life and your family. It’s a big deal, personally and financially. When you apply at Interra Mortgage, you’re supported by people you know and trust in our communities. Interra’s mortgage loan originators will work to match you with the mortgage that meets your needs and lifestyle. They will help navigate the smallest of details to make the process as easy as possible for you.
Consider these Benefits of Working with Interra Mortgage:
- In-house local processing, underwriting, and closing.
- Mortgage loan originators available throughout the credit union’s service area.
- Interra servicing – pay your mortgage loan at any credit union office.1
- Understand that appraisal and title delivery time has increased across the entire mortgage industry.
New Construction Loan Promo
Any new construction loan application2 received between now and June 30, 2022, will receive a $500 lender credit at closing.
- Fixed and adjustable rate programs
- Down payment as low as 3% Home Ready
- Jumbo loans available
- Amish programs available – Amish Aid Insurance approved
First Time Homebuyers Program
Interra Credit Union offers a program to make it a little easier to buy your first home.
- Contact Interra for more information and to set up an appointment
Please do not submit personal information such as credit/debit card numbers, account numbers, social security numbers, etc. through e-mail, which is not secure. Instead, you may send a message through Interra Online Banking or call or visit any Interra office.
Construction Loans – “One Time Close”
Fixed Rate or Adjustable Rate (ARM)
- Minimum credit score of 620
- Rate locked in at origination
- 12-month construction period - Interest-only due during the construction period
- Amish design accepted – Amish Aid Insurance approved
- Purchase plus improvement options
What percent do you have to put down for a construction loan?
At Interra we offer one-time close construction loan products. 30 year and ARM loans require a minimum of 10% equity. Other mortgage loans for 10, 15 and 20 year fixed rate require a minimum of 5% equity down. This amount can be satisfied with cash at closing, but also by the equity in the land value if already owned by the member.
What is the lowest down payment for a conventional mortgage?
Conventional lending standard requirement for down payment of a mortgage is 5% of the purchase price. There is a special program (Home Ready) that will allow for a down payment of only 3%, but the program has underwriting rules regarding First Time Buyers and income limitations to qualify. An Interra mortgage loan originator will be able to explain the differences and help to place you into the best loan option.