Skip to main content

Obtain a free copy of your credit report.

To order your free annual report from one or all of the national consumer reporting companies, you should not contact the three nationwide consumer reporting companies individually.

They provide free annual credit reports only if you do one of the following:

Other consumer rights to free reports

Under federal law, you’re entitled to a free report if:

  • A company takes adverse action against you, such as denying your application for credit, insurance, or employment, and you request your report within 60 days of receiving notice of the action (The notice will give you the name, address, and phone number of the consumer reporting company.)
  • You’re also entitled to one free report a year if you’re unemployed and plan to look for a job within 60 days; you’re on welfare, or your report is inaccurate because of fraud.

Otherwise, a consumer reporting company may charge you a fee for another copy of your report.

Source: Federal Trade Commission ID theft website